Deciding on the place for your baby to first see the world is an important decision for a mother and father. Bumrungrad International hospital has modern delivery rooms, offering up-to-date equipment and technology, in a safe, private and warm environment. And when surrounded by our expert staff of doctors, nurses and doulas you can be sure your baby will be born into the best environment possible in one of the most precious moments of your lives.
Baby Delivery Options
Bumrungrad’s delivery rooms are available 24 hours a day with the following services:
- Natural childbirth: This is a preferred option for a healthy mother and a baby with no abnormalities, as there are no risks of surgical complications and infection. Childbirth through the birth canal drains the amniotic fluid from the baby’s lung, enabling enlargement of the lung in a natural process.
- Vaginal childbirth with epidural analgesia: Another option for healthy mothers and babies, with this version of natural childbirth our doctors use a spinal block to reduce the pain of the delivery by injecting medication into the spinal column. Even though the pain is reduced, there is still the feeling of your baby passing through the birth canal.
- Cesarean section: This is the safest ways to give birth if a mother cannot do so naturally, due to a mother’s medical condition, a problem with the baby or the baby’s position in the womb. As a C-section is a surgical procedure, there is greater blood loss and a longer recovery time due to the need to care for an incision point. Healthy mothers and babies can also safely have Cesarean sections, but the mother should understand the after delivery care issues.
At the time of delivery, a medical team consisting of your chosen doctor, anesthesiologists, nurses and your doula will closely provide care for the mother and baby. As soon as the baby is born, the nursery staff will take diligent care of your baby’s health.
Should there be the slightest abnormality detected, the baby will be placed under the prompt care of our NICU physicians and specialty trained nurses available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Delivery packages can be found on our Baby Delivery Packages
Additional Delivery Services Available
- Complication and high risk pregnancy services
Bumrungrad understands that not all pregnancies are straightforward. We have specific services to help with any complications which may arise with you or your baby. We can monitor the health of the two of you at all stages of the pregnancy, especially with any of the following concerns:
- If the mother has a history of difficult childbirth, miscarriage or surgery of the uterus
- If the mother has a history of preterm delivery (before 37 weeks)
- If there are complications such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease, heart disease, etc.
- Mothers younger than 16, or older than 40 years old
- Pregnancy with twins
- The fetus is in the breech position, or has a positioning issue (identified at 34 weeks and onwards)
- The size of the uterus does not correlate with the gestational age
- If the baby weights less than 2,500 grams, or more than 4,000 grams
- If bleeding occurs during the pregnancy
- If the mother is greater than 40 weeks pregnant
- If the baby’s growth is less than 1 kg/month after the 24th week
- Heart NST (Non Stress Test): After the baby is moving in the womb, a Heart NST can be performed to check the baby’s heart if the mother has any of the following conditions:
- Diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and other similar complications
- Irregular movement of the baby
- Overdue pregnancy
- The volume of amniotic fluid is above or below normal, which can cause birth abnormalities
- The fetus is growing more slowly than usual
- Birth certificates: Birth certificates can be done in both English and Thai. English birth certificates will be sent to the Foreign Ministry for official certification.
- Pre-natal birth courses: Our prenatal class is designed to help new parents. Our parents learn the information necessary for the birthing process, as well as other tips for a quality birth experience.
- Advice and counseling: Our expert staff will share their advice and experience for all aspect of the birthing process
Our Delivery Rooms
Bumrungrad provides modern, high quality delivery rooms:
- 6 specially designed natural birth delivery rooms, with your own private birthing bed and bathroom, allowing both you and the father to bring your baby into a comfortable environment free of care.
- 4 temperature controlled operating rooms, specifically designed for delivery services, maintained with Bumrungrad’s highest standards
Baby Club: Your Baby’s Privileges at Bumrungrad
For babies born at Bumrungrad hospital, the newborn will receive automatic membership into our Baby Club program, offering discounts at the hospital for the first 12 years of their lives.
- 10% discount on outpatient services
- 10% discount on medicine purchases
- 10% discount for any inpatient room charges
Bumrungrad International Hospital (BIH) Building, Main Hospital Building, 3rd
Floor North Wing
Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
For appointments or inquiries