Bumrungrad International is committed to supporting new moms with breastfeeding as soon as the mother and child are strong and ready. Once the newborn(s) is brought to his or her mother, she can begin to breastfeed her baby (every 2-3 hours) over the next 24 hours in comfort – where a special team of nurses will monitor feeding and, if required, assist the mother experiencing any difficulties including pain or swelling.
If any problems arise during breastfeeding, the Breastfeeding Clinic’s team of specialized nurses and physicians will be there to consult and assist the new mother.
Breastfeeding Clinic Services:
- Lactation consultation
- Advice and assistance on breast and nipple problems during pregnancy
- Advice and assistance on breastfeeding
- Advice, assistance, and training on how to properly breastfeed
- Advice and assistance on breast and nipple problems, such as breast engorgement, and nipple pain
- Advice for mothers who are experiencing inadequate breastmilk supply
- Advice and assistance for mothers with newborns who are not feeding and/or having trouble with breastfeeding
- Breast massage services
- Breastfeeding advice and consultation via telephone